Are you looking for an extra spark in your sales process that will convince your customers that your business is the one that will turn their house into their dream home? The secret is in a little section of the estimate called, “Options.”
In this blog post, we’ll explore what optional items are, why offering them is a smart move for your business, and how they can help you upsell and boost your bottom line.
We’ll also explain a new PaintScout feature where your customers can add and remove options on an estimate, which will streamline the approval process, improve the customer experience, and open up more opportunities for upselling!
What are Optional Items?
Optional items on an estimate are the extra goodies you can offer your clients to make their painting projects extraordinary and tailor-made for their needs. Think of them as the icing on the cake, the extra oomph that can set you apart from your competitors. As a painting contractor, your estimate options can include:
- Premium Paint Upgrade: Offer your clients the choice to upgrade to premium paint brands for a longer-lasting and more luxurious finish.
- Accent Walls: Suggest adding an accent wall in a contrasting or complementary color to add personality to their space.
- Texture or Faux Finishes: Promote textured or faux finishes like stucco, suede, or metallic accents to give their walls character.
- Nice-to-Have Items: Give them the opportunity to easily include items they may have hesitated to paint.
- Cabinet Painting: Offer to revamp their kitchen or bathroom by painting or refinishing cabinets for a fresh, updated look.
These options are the secret to take your painting projects from ‘good’ to ‘amazing’ and give your business the edge it deserves.
Why should you provide Optional Items on an estimate?
Here are some compelling reasons why you, as a painting contractor, should provide options:
- Personalization: Every client is different, and offering options allows you to tailor your services to their unique preferences and needs.
- Competitive Advantage: In a competitive market, offering options distinguishes you from the competition, showcasing your flexibility and expertise.
- Customer Satisfaction: Options ensure that clients get exactly what they want, leading to satisfied customers who are more likely to refer you to others.
- Increased Profitability: Providing options is a win-win – clients get the project they desire, and you increase your profits through upselling.
- Upselling Opportunities: By presenting options, you create opportunities for additional services, increasing the overall value of your projects.
Introducing: Customer Accepted Options
So, now that you know why adding options to an estimate is transformational to the sales process, are you ready to take this to the next level? With PaintScout’s new feature, Customer Accepted Options, your customers will actively participate in shaping their painting project by choosing from a selection of add-ons that you’ve provided.
What are customer accepted options?
Customer Accepted Options empowers your customers to independently select and customize available choices within an estimate before final approval, streamlining the decision making process, and enhancing their experience by offering greater control and transparency. Instead of enduring a string of back-and-forth emails or phone calls to finalize the estimate, the client has autonomy to do it themselves.
How does it work?
After receiving the estimate, customers can view available selections in the Options section below the estimate total. Customers can click the “+Add Option” button to include their selection in the estimate before approval.
The options will show in a separate Options Added section. Your customer is now ready to accept the estimate, with their options included!
In the competitive world of painting, every advantage matters. Customer Accepted Options with PaintScout will change the way you interact with clients and make the estimation process more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable!
What are you waiting for?
As a painting contractor, offering optional items isn’t just about providing basic services anymore—it’s about offering a customized experience that sets you apart from the competition.
So, when you’re working on your next project, don’t forget to present your clients with the exciting options that can turn their vision into a reality and boost your business’ success. Your clients will thank you, and your bottom line will show it, too!
By offering optional items on your PaintScout estimate, you’re not only providing a personalized experience, but also fostering trust and collaboration with your clients. It’s a win-win situation that can significantly enhance the success of your painting business.